Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two days since my last rant? OH NO!

I have so many irritating things to rant about today.

But I suppose I should start with a general rant, because it seems to be happening to me pretty often lately. Don't do things just to get some kind of reaction out of me. If you have to resort to something like that, it's more than likely that I straight up do not give a fuck.

And I'll be honest here - I don't give a fuck about most things lately. I'm struggling to break the surface on the "homework/fuck you professors" ocean, while trying to make sure that I'm there in case A/K/A (I do that just for the lulz) need to talk, along with my lovely friends from work. Other than that, I care about my parents. And I care about listening to music constantly. Everything else is a non-issue. I don't have time to devote to drama, nor do I care to.

On a slightly happier note (but that's not the point of this blog!), I'm going to have a campfire type thing with the people from my drama workshop tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it, actually. There's this totally badass girl that writes the most twisted stories in the class, and she'll be there. We get on quite well, she definitely brings out the feminist in me. Also, I just enjoy watching her do battle with this weird idiot in our class.

Reasons that I hate this guy:

1. He has this really irritating manner of speaking. It makes me want to set him on fire.

2. He seems to have this tendency to want to deal with really huge topics in the span of a very short script. Like suicide, or homosexuality, or... you know, someone who commits suicide because they're "in the closet."

3. I wouldn't have a problem with the above if he didn't do it so callously.

4. My script this semester was about lesbians who win the lottery. The point of the script wasn't to show that OMGZ LESBIANS ARE NORMAL OMFG or something, it was to show that people always dream about winning the lottery, and it might not always be as ideal as people think it would be. So the girls get stalked and flashed and end up running off because they don't want to deal with the crap anymore. And his peer edit spent AGES wondering why they were lesbians.

WHY do I have to give a reason for making my couple lesbian? It was an... I don't want to say arbitrary, but there was no hidden symbolism or whatever in it. They were just lesbians, because the couple in my script for our play portion was straight. It was more a balance thing for me. Was I setting out to make a political statement by treating a gay relationship like a straight relationship? Nope. A relationship is a goddamn relationship.

A relationship is between two people who are initially attracted to each other and then end up hating each other. Homosexual break ups get just as messy as straight relationships, gay relationships have the revolting lovey-dovey phase at the beginning, blah blah.

It pisses me off that choosing to treat human beings as human beings is a political statement now.

No comments:

Post a Comment