Sunday, March 28, 2010

I haven't gone anywhere, so here's some rants about yesterday.

Inspired by Erin's blog, I have also decided to create one. I'm significantly bitchier and angrier than Erin, however, so I'm sure I'll offend everyone at some point... If only I was American, then I could justify it as "freedom of speech" or something. Just kidding. Somewhat.

Yesterday, at work (I work in a thrift store that tries to disguise itself as a second-hand department store), a woman came through my till with four books. I asked her if she had a fifth (the "deal" is that if you buy four books, you get a fifth one free) and she said that she did not. I had just put in two books at $3.99 (they were hardcover books, that's the rule, blah blah) when she slammed the last book she was holding on the counter and said, "I thought it was buy one, get three free." I stared at her for a very long time with my "what the fuck are you fucking stupid" face and ran through all the things I wanted to say to her in my head. I settled on one question that was significantly less confrontational (as in, it didn't include the word "stupid" once). I asked her how that would be profitable for us. And she fired back with, "I don't care about your goddamn profits, that's what the girl told me."

So I asked her which girl she meant, and she said, "That fat one!" and pointed to Erin. Not only was I fucking pissed because Erin is NOT fat, I was pissed that she was trying to blame her stupidity on someone that I know for a fact would never say that, because she knows our rules and she can actually, you know, READ A FUCKING SIGN THAT'S EVERYWHERE WHEN SHE'S LOOKING FOR A BOOK FOR HALF A FUCKING HOUR THE SIGN IS ON EVERY SINGLE FUCKING BOOK SHELF UGH. So I said that I doubted that it was Erin and that whoever she asked must not have been clear, and I explained the rule. Of course, I was rather bitchy, because I wanted to smack her or punch her right in her ugly goddamn mouth. She asked me repeatedly if I was "sure" of the rule, getting progressively more rude each time, as I kept informing her that yes, I was sure, yes, I knew the rule, and that I have worked at this store (not that particular location, but for the chain) for nearly a year. She decided to be an idiot (I suppose she didn't have a choice, such was her nature) and demanded that I call a supervisor over, which I did gladly. And by gladly, I mean that Jen was nearby, so I said "JEN" and she came over.

The lady proceeds to ask Jen her (stupid fucking) question. Jen stares at her for a while (I'd love to know how Jen does that without looking bitchy. Not that I wouldn't want to look bitchy, I'd just like to know how she does it.) and then repeats what I've tried to pound into this lady's head that houses her poor excuse for a brain. Then this bitch... I mean woman... acts like we tried to fucking trick her or something. I swear to Noel Gallagher (I don't believe in God, but that's my equivalent) that this is how the remainder of the conversation went.

Jen: "Well, I don't know who would have told you that, but -"

Dumb bitch: "That girl!" *pointing vaguely in the complete opposite direction from Erin, who she claimed told her that stupid idea for a deal when she was pissing me off before Jen got there.*

Jen: "I'm sorry, but that's not our rule." *Looks at me, and I nod to let her know that I'm good for the rest of this.*

Me: *as Jen walks away* Thanks, Jen.

Dumb bitch: "Yeah, thanks for NOTHING."

Me: "Do you still want your books."

Dumb bitch: "I just want the ONE fucking book that I fucking came in for."

Me: "$4.19."

Dumb bitch: "What the fuck this is outrageous -"

Me: "That's how much hardcover books are. Do you want it."

Dumb bitch: "Yes, this is the fucking book I came in for."

Me: "$4.19. Want a bag."

Dumb bitch: "Yes, I fucking want a bag."

I chuck her book in a bag and wait for her to give me her filthy money. I made sure I didn't directly touch her or anything, though, Jaimie always reminds me that stupidity is contagious.

She gives me the money, I give her her change, and as she's walking out, she starts bitching again.

Dumb bitch (why will she not shut up?): "This is fucking stupid, I'm never coming back!"

Me: "That's actually great! Bye now!"

I swear, I've never been treated like a sub-human before because of where I work. It's interesting but a total goddamn piss off sometimes.

This is rather long, but I'm sure I'll have something else to rant about soon... I can think of a few things, but perhaps my next rant will be about Ann Coulter. Because apparently I enjoy talking about someone who makes me want to light myself on fire.

There will probably be multiple updates a day, because that's just... I spend a lot of time angry, and I look at this as an opportunity to attempt to get a lot of that rage out.


No comments:

Post a Comment