Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ARGH.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I'm not filled with rage about something.

Right now, it's because I simply do not know where I am going to find a job this summer. After my parents insisted that I return home for one last summer (I don't even know why - apparently my dad didn't treat me being home last summer like it was my last summer ever, therefore it couldn't be, because something will be different about my last summer here... I don't know?), I was hoping to just go to the same place that I worked at last summer, that helped arrange a transfer for me when I moved to Victoria.

And this would have been well and good if Victoria store manager wasn't (essentially) a giant bag of dicks.



That's actually the first thing that came up when I googled "bag of dicks", and it has an entire website devoted to it, which seems to be a single page. It appears to be solely that picture, but that was interesting, wasn't it?

ANYWAY, I went by this former place of employ today (after I had resubmitted an application over a week ago) and talked to the hiring manager, who told me that she didn't think she could rehire me because my former store manager didn't arrange a transfer for me. She informed me that I could have phoned ahead and started the process myself, to which I replied that I do not have long-distance on my cellphone plan and have no landline to use and that I couldn't use a phone at work, since all of them but the ones in the offices don't allow long-distance dialing. She said I could have asked a supervisor to call for me, which I told her I had done. I also told her that I was told that when this supervisor called, she could not get a hold of the hiring manager for the store here.

Which I thought was pretty fucking suspicious, but I didn't think there would be such a big kerfuffle about it. I mean, I've worked at this place for pretty much a year (except when bag of dicks made me quit at Christmas for having the GALL to request time off) and she was babbling about probation periods. I realize that I'm only home until August at the very latest, but still - that's three goddamn solid months of employment that they can extract out of me before I go home.

But apparently that's not good enough. It looks like I may be heading back to the island faster than expected, since I'd have an easier time finding SOME type of job there while all those pesky university students were gone for the summer.



This would make me feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment