Thursday, June 17, 2010

The city.

I hate it here. I really do. I didn't want to come "home" for the summer, but my dad insisted, because he didn't treat last summer like it was our final summer living together or something. It makes no sense, but arguing with him is pretty pointless.

Anyway, the reason I hate the city is because they do things to "help" that make no sense. Anybody who understands what this city does is sick in the head.

Basically, they noticed that a lot of the houses on our road have a lot of pot holes and such in the gravel just before the paved parts of the driveways. So instead of simply smoothing them out and leaving it, they elected to smooth it out and add this weird hill thing at the end.

Why, you might ask? Because the taxes here go to funding stupid projects at the worst time of year, and to a mayor that is batshit insane. I don't care that people were all OMG A WOMAN, she's still stupid.

So every time we head out in a vehicle that's not a truck (and it's rarely a truck), there's this massive lurch like those speed bumps in parking lots. And no matter what you do, you're caught on at least half the hill when you try to get out into traffic on one of the busiest roads in this shithole in the summer.

I want my broadsword of natural selection now.

No comments:

Post a Comment