Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nobody is polite anymore.

So, as some of you may know (also known as all of you, since all the people who follow this blog are people who actually know me), I'm a pretty polite person. That's how I was raised and even when I want to be really rude, especially to customers, I can't quite pull it off.

As a result of my upbringing, I also fucking loathe rude people. I would actually rather have a ten minute conversation with a fucking moron than a two minute conversation with a rude person. Seriously. That is how much I hate them.

Obviously, my love of politeness makes me miserable at work. I never encounter as many rude people as I do when I head into work. I always forget that I cease to be a human being the second I put on my vest. But really, it fucking serves me right, doesn't it?

For example, I had a "conversation" (I hesitate to call it anything resembling that but can't think of a better word) with a customer yesterday that went as follows.

Kirsten is ringing through customers at her till when she hears some dickwad yelling like a big dickface.

Big dickface: YOOO HOO! HELLO! HEY YOU! YOO HOO! HEY YOU! HEY CASHIER! HEY CASHIER GIRL! YOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kirsten: $11.19, please.

BD: YOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'M TALKING TO YOU, CASHIER! HEY YOU!

Kirsten continues to ignore the dickface, who proceeds to make his way closer and closer to her till, still yelling like a dickwad. He finally makes his googly-eyed way over to her till.

BD: I was calling you, you know!

Kirsten: Oh, were you? I figured you were calling a child. Usually, "excuse me, miss" or something of the sort works a lot better on me.

BD: There's no need to be rude! With a super horrified expression like Kirsten had just slapped him across the face with a rotten octopus.

Kirsten: I don't think that I'm the rude one here...

BD: HEY NOW. Like ohmygod he is so offended. Where's your public relations, girl?!

Kirsten: Where are your manners?

KIRSTEN LAYS THE SMACKDOWN. END SCENE.

And he literally did not think that he was behaving inappropriately by attempting to call me the way one calls a dog.

Speaking of people trying to get my attention as though I'm a dog, here's another gem from when I transferred to this store.

Kirsten is rolling a rack when she hears someone snapping their fingers repeatedly. Thinking that the person was probably one of those annoying assholes who listened to their music super loudly and couldn't keep still, she kept rolling until she heard someone call out.

Super dickhead customer I will fucking keel you you motherfucker: UMM HIIIII? In a super indignant voice.

The bitch who is going to slaughter you motherfucker: ... Yeah?

SDCIWFKYYM: I was trying to get your attention! Didn't you hear me snapping?

TBWIGTSYM: ... You were snapping at me to try and get my attention?

SDCIWFKYYM: Uhhhh YEAH. Listen, where are the -

TBWIGTSYM: I am not a dog. Starts to walk away.

SDCIWFKYYM: Aren't you going to answer my question?!?!?!?! Oh my GOD!

TBWIGTSYM: No, I'm not.

Kirsten walks away to continue rolling and that motherfucker has to try and find his own stuff in the store FUCK YOU DICKHEAD.

Basically, this all comes down to the same thing.

I love how older people bitch about how rude "my" generation is. Most of the people that I have issues with at work are adults acting like petulant children. That isn't to say people my age aren't rude, it's just that it seems to happen to me a lot more with older people.

And seriously, fucking thank us when we wrap all of your used dishes in newspaper so they don't break. Do you realize how much we fucking hate doing it? Do you realize what a massive time waster it is for us? Do you realize that we don't actually have to do it?

I hate my job.

3 comments:

  1. IT'S SO TRUE! the worst ones are the adults and seniors. the ones our age can be shamed and scared into behaving with death glares, usually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha realize this is an old as hell post but daaamn! I could not agree more!

    ReplyDelete